"30 Compelling Business quotes from the legendary Ray Kroc"
30 Compelling Business quotes from the legendary Ray Kroc
Ray Kroc is a visionary American Entrepreneur who at the age of 52 in the year 1954 expanded Mc Donald’s Restaurants through franchisee model and own stores. Kroc visited the restaurant run by the brothers Dick and Mac Mc Donald in San Bernardino. He was very much impressed by the proficient administration of the restaurant. He started opening a series of stores after a deal with the brothers. A few years later, he bought the restaurant from the brothers and also became the chairman of the Mc Donald’s Corporation. By 1976, Mc Donald’s had more than 4,000 stores and revenues over $1 billion. IBM took 46 years to achieve the mark. Today Mc Donald’s has more than 30,000 stores and is present in 118 countries. The uniform methods of preparation and consistent high quality standards adopted in the menu propelled their progress. Here are some inspiring quotes from Ray Kroc.
1. Work is the meat in the hamburger of life.
2. I have worked out many a satisfactory deal on the strength of a handshake.
3. Perfection is very difficult to achieve and perfection is what I wanted in Mc Donald’s.
4. If you hire a person to do a job, you ought to get out of the way and let him do it. If you doubt his ability, you shouldn’t have hired him in the first place.
5. The weight of the judgement is not in the rule, but in its application.
6. I like to get people fired up, fill them with zeal for Mc Donald’s and watch the results in their work.
7. A well run restaurant takes advantage of every split second opportunity to speed up service.
8. There is almost nothing you can’t accomplish if you set your mind to it.
9. Taking reasonable risks is part of the challenge. It’s the fun.
10. I work my plan and plan my work.
11. Competition can try to steal my plans and my style but they can’t read my mind. So I’ll leave them a mile and a half.
12. We want to feed our customers not fleece them.
13. The thing that made America great is it’s Free Enterprise System.
14. There are things money can’t buy and hard work can’t win. One of them is happiness.
15. It has always been my belief that authority should be placed at the lowest possible level. I want the man closest to the stores to be able to make decisions without seeking directives from the headquarters.
16. Less is more in the case of corporate management.
17. Speaking your mind has gotten me in trouble a plenty of times, but I never have problems getting to sleep at night with a guilty conscience.
18. Authority should go with a job. Some wrong decisions may be made as a result, but that’s the only way you can encourage strong people to grow in an organization.
19. It was our strict adherence to the moral principles in business that made us so strong.
20. It’s lonely on top. You lose a lot of friends on the way up.
21. When times are bad is when you want to build. Why wait for things to pick up, so everything will cost more?
22. “If I had a brick for every time I’ve repeated the phrase Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value, I think I’d probably be able to bridge the Atlantic Ocean with them.” – Ray Kroc
23. We needed something we could romance in advertising.
24. Mc Donald’s is a people business, and the smile on that counter girl’s face when she takes your order is a vital part of our image.
25. The basis of Mc Donald’s success is serving a low priced, value oriented product fast and efficient in clean and pleasant surroundings.
26. It’s no crime to lose unless you fail to do your best.
27. I’d rather be dead than forced to stay in bed.
28. Our colleges are crowded with young people who are learning a lot about liberal arts and little about learning a living.
29. Where there is no risk, there can be no pride in achievement and, consequently no happiness.
30. Happiness is not a tangible thing, it is a by product of achievement.